- ❝ A modern American muscle car.❞
- ―In-game description in Watch Dogs.
The Sonarus LX is strongly based on the seventh generation 2011-2014 Dodge Charger (LD), as seen on the overall design, the greenhouse area, and the overall silhouette. The front fascia is influenced by the fifth generation 2005-2009 Ford Mustang. The rear taillight assembly is taken from the sixth generation Charger (LX). The wheel design may be inspired by the 2006-2010 Dodge Charger SRT-8.
The sides of the car feature smooth yet muscular styling. The wheel arches are flared to give the car a more muscular appearance. The sides of the body have one main formation; a bulged area spanning the wheelbase and flowing into the boundary of the rear quarter bulge. The lower body is separated from the car's greenhouse section by a smooth curve that begins from above the headlights and runs along to the rear of the car. The car features body-colored wing mirrors, mounted just behind the base of the A-pillars.
The wing mirrors features a horizontal strip of LED lights. The B-pillars of the car are covered with a black polymer. The sides of the greenhouse section of the car are outlined by a smooth curve, which includes a smooth, sloping C-pillar. Just in front of the rear windshield, a shark fin antenna is centrally mounted. The car features five-spoke wheels, wrapped in low-profile tires.
At the rear of the car, the upper edge of the car's rear face features a thin LED strip that connects the taillight units. The rear light units are red and slightly below the tailgate. The rear bumper protrudes from the main body and is split into two sections. The lower section of the bumper features a cutout with a polymer insert, and on each edge of the area are twin-circle exhaust tips.
The Sonarus LX's performance is very well for a four-door sedan, having a decent durability and an acceptable handling. It is basically a well balanced vehicle, being able to carry four occupants and not to lose control easily.
The Sonarus LX is powered by a large supercharged V8 engine, coupled to a 5-speed gearbox in a FR layout.
- Watch Dogs
|N/A||Single-cam V8||Front engine, rear wheel drive||5|
- Fixer Sonarus LX: In Watch Dogs, the Fixers drives a pearl red Sonarus LX with a higher ride height as one of their gang cars, these Sonarus LX's will appear in missions which involves the aforementioned gang.
- Police Sonarus LX: The Chicago Police Department in Watch Dogs used modified variants of the Sonarus LX that acts as their Interceptor unit of the fleet, these variants are mainly based on the 2011-2014 Dodge Charger Pursuit. Outrunning these vehicles will not be easy without a performance class vehicle, due to the Sonarus LX's high acceleration combined with high top speed. Like any CPD police unit, the vehicle comes in a white/blue paint scheme with CPD markings, a siren and blue/white lights.
- Umeni Sonarus LX: In Watch Dogs 2, the Sonarus LX is used by Umeni as their patrol cars. The vehicle comes with amber/white emergency lights, "Umeni" emblems on the sides and "SECURITY" written on the trunk.
- Aiden Pearce owned a silver Sonarus LX with a custom license plate reading "N3X U5" in Watch Dogs, until he handed it to his sister to escape Chicago with Jackson, his nephew. This car is only drivable during a handful of story missions. "N3X U5" is leetspeak for "Nexus", the original working title for Watch Dogs.
- The civilian variant is available on the Car On Demand app for $25,000.
- May be found parked in Pawnee and The Wards district.
- Commonly found driven in The Loop and Mad Mile.
- Sometimes spawns in Parker Square, especially in The Owl Motel's parking lot.
- The police variant only appears during Police Pursuits at mid or high heat levels and they can also be sometimes found at the police station in The Wards.
- Aiden's Sonarus LX can be found parked outside of Yolanda Mendez's house, provided the player has progressed to, but not completed, Ghosts of the Past.
Watch Dogs 2
- Can be purchased from Auto Elite car dealership for $30,000. Sometimes, it will spawn with the equipment of a Security Sonarus LX, but the sirens are unusable.
Obtaining Police Variant
Interceptors will give chase beginning at the 4th heat level in Act 1, the 3rd heat level in Act 2, and the 2nd heat level in Act 3 and onwards. They will form roadblocks in the same pattern.
Police Interceptors will spawn at the Wards Police Station, in the staff parking lot. In original editions of the game, driving a normal Sonarus LX to the aforementioned station will add Sonarus LX's to the spawn queue, forcing at least one Police Interceptor to spawn.
- In the Xbox 360, PS3 and Wii U versions of Watch Dogs, the Sonarus LX is the common police vehicle of the game, replacing the Cruiser, this is likely due to hardware limitations.
- Strangely enough, the police variant features a different engine sound than both the Fixer variant and the standard variant.
- The Interceptor variants are equipped with push bars, but, ironically, they possess no collision model. They will deform along with the front end of the car, but the lens flares do not change position. This leads to floating lens flares.
- In Watch Dogs, the police dispatcher refers the Police Sonarus LX as a "High-powered patrol car".
- In Watch Dogs 2, the Sonarus LX may spawn with the siren light bar attached when requested through the Car On Demand app.
- The word "LX" on the model name of the car is a reference to the name of the platform that was used on the sixth generation Dodge Charger, one of the Sonarus LX's design inspirations.