Olivier Garneau was the CEO of Abstergo Entertainment, a subsidiary of Abstergo Industries. He was taken down by Aiden Pearce on behalf of the Assassin Brotherhood. He appears in Watch Dogs as an Easter egg.
- In Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, another Ubisoft game, it was mentioned that Olivier Garneau went missing during a shareholders meeting in Chicago.
- In Assassin's Creed: Origins, it was confirmed that Olivier was ambushed by Aiden Pearce, and his name was used at a restaurant one year later in Chicago, it is currently unknown if this was him or a false trail to throw off Abstergo.
- The Criminal Convoy mission that features Garneau is titled "Requiescat In Pace". This phrase, which means "rest in peace" in Latin, was commonly said by Assassin's Creed 2 protagonist Ezio Auditore after he had taken the life of his targets.
- Garneau's job title in Black Flag was Chief Creative Officer (CCO) of Abstergo Entertainment. In Watch Dogs Garneau's ctOS profile lists him as the CEO of the company.
- According to Assassin's Creed script writer Darby McDevitt, Garneau's appearance in Watch Dogs is not canon to the Assassin's Creed universe, however the canonicity of this statement remains to be seen.