VEHICLE PERFORMANCE ERROR ENCOUNTERED:
This vehicle's performance stats need to be fixed or improved.
SYSTEM ERROR DETECTED:
This article or section contains insufficient information and is considered a Stub. You can help by expanding it as much as you can.
VISUAL ERROR DETECTED:
This article is in need of more images to give readers a better understanding of the content. You can help the wiki by adding clear images to the article to enhance it.
- ❝ This large truck can plow through traffic.❞
- ―Description in Watch Dogs.
The cab of the Flatbed Truck is based of the International DuraStar, judging by its "crescent shape" headlights and a distinctive "black spot" on the left side which is actually a secondary grill. Unlike the real Durastar where the main grill is vertical, the main grill of the truck is horizontal.
Whereas the name "Flatbed Truck" applied to multiple body styles applied to the same frame in Watch Dogs, the name now applies to an actual flatbed truck in Watch Dogs 2 (while the others are now considered variants), which has a fully-interactive platform that can be lowered to the ground, perfect for makeshift ramps. Rather than a horn, the truck also gains yellow LED lightbars that are only activated when the ramp is lowered. The Flatbed either spawn in Gabay Construction Ltd. (white/yellow) or Climbax Equipment Company (red) liveries.
The truck has average top speed and handling, but its acceleration is low. The durability of this vehicle, like various trucks, is high, allowing to withstand large amount of crashes. The 8-speed gearbox seems to be a rare use of an auxiliary gearbox in-game; a secondary gearbox working very similar to twin-geared bikes - the secondary gearbox having less gears than the primary gearbox, but giving the primary gearbox more potential by allowing a higher combination of gears. The exact same feature is found on the Cement Truck.
|N/A||Single-cam V8||Front engine, rear wheel drive||8|
Watch Dogs 2
- Dump Truck: Tipper body version of the vehicle.
- Boxvan: GRP Box version of the vehicle. It is either shown with or without a wind deflector (which is a "crest" on top of the cab).
- Media Broadcast Truck: WKZ TV version of the vehicle with massive TV screens. Only appears in Watch Dogs 2.
- Middleweight DC: Bare-framed variant, only appears in Watch Dogs 2. Although it resembles a semi cab, it is unable to pull trailers.
- May be seen driven in the Ravioli Point area.
- Commonly spawns in Brandon Docks along with other trucks such as Relegaters.
- Sometimes spawns in Pawnee.
- Available on the Car On Demand app, for free.
Watch Dogs 2
- Depending on either the Climbax or Gabay variant, the vehicle can be seen roaming on the entire Bay Area, although they are more frequent on highways. This also implies to its variants
- Parked at some gas stations.
- Parked at Fury Track
- Several Flatbeds are found in the St. Gianna Salt Farm.
- Parked across the street from the Tezcas gang hideout underneath the highway leading to the Bay Bridge. Its also located across from the bus depot.
- The truck is called "flatbed" in Car On Demand, as only the classic flatbed variant will be delivered.
- Rarely, a bare-frame version in Watch Dogs will appear during certain crimes, being used by a random criminal as a getaway vehicle. One of the possible locations is in Parker Square.
- If one manages to load a car onto the back of a flatbed in either game, the car loaded on will slide off as the physics engine does not apply adequate friction between the two entities.
- When the player activates the ramp, traffic acts as if they pull over for emergency vehicles.