Blume Corporation is the communications technology company that developed CTOS as well as its iterations, and is responsible for their operation, maintenance and advancement.
Self-described as the "world's foremost innovator of high-tech, high-performance communications and security technology", Blume Corporation specializes in everything from wireless phone operating systems, home computers, to digital imaging processors, and linked-by-network security systems. They take great pride in the fact that they helped create most of the markets they now dominate. Blume stands poised to reshape the way people think about Information Security Architecture (ISA).
Blume had its own security contractors in Watch Dogs to protect company's major interests like CTOS Control Centers, Blume property, etc. These security members could be identified with CTOS signs on their gray uniforms. They were notorious for various criminal records of its members. In Watch Dogs 2, Blume hires Umeni Security Corps to provide security to their facilities. It is unknown if this was only for the Bay Area or if Umeni Security Corps were also contracted to replace Blume facilities in Chicago after the events of Watch Dogs.
Blume made many sketchy deals with organizations by giving them access to CTOS data and related technology like the Bellwether system, in exchange for funding and information. This in turn created one of the largest corrupt corporate monopolies that even included U.S. government agencies such as the FBI.
Watch Dogs 2
- Charlotte Gardner - CCO and VP of Blume Corporation and Interim Mayor of Chicago
- Malcolm Deodato - Double agent for The Club
- Bradley Caughlin - CEO of Blume Security
- Gene Deloray - Assistant COO of Blume Corporation
- Skye Larson - CTO of Blume Corporation and Founder and CEO of Brocca Tech
- Andrew Novak - Assistant CTO of Blume Corporation
- Roger Verrick - Director of Blume Security in Chicago
- Dušan Nemec - CTO of Blume Corporation (Incarcerated)
- Raymond Kenney - ctOS Software Engineer (Fired)
- Tobias Frewer - ctOS Pioneer (Fired)
- Rose Washington - ctOS developer (Deceased)
- Ross Horitz - Blume security contractor (Unknown)
- Angus Shostack - Blume security contractor (Unknown)
- JB Markowicz - Informant and hitman (Deceased)
- Fixers - Contract killers and Defalt's henchmen (Dissolved)
Blume's known datebases are in:
- One tactic that the Blume Corporation did to win over the populace with the CTOS project was to install free Wi-Fi hotspots across the city.
- "Blume" (ˈbluːmə) is German for "flower". Although pronounced differently in the game, there might be a connection between the meaning of the word and the corporate symbol.
- "Bloom", which is how the corporation is pronounced in the game, means for a flower to blossom, further referencing the logo, which resembles a flower.
- Originally, Blume had its own Security Guards. However, they were cut from the game due to unknown reasons.
- As seen in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, Blume Corporation sent a corporate sales email to Abstergo Entertainment's CCO, Olivier Garneau, in which they advertised CTOS, and offered the possibility of having a localized system installed at Abstergo Entertainment's Montreal facility.
- This is information provided from an easter egg in Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag
- IGN (2013). Youtube: Watch Dogs - 15 Minutes Open World Gameplay Commentary!. @09:40. Retrieved 2014-03-21.
- CTOS (Blume CtOS website)