VISUAL ERROR DETECTED:
This article is in need of more images to give readers a better understanding of the content. You can help the wiki by adding clear images to the article to enhance it.
- ❝ An infamous prison, known for being nearly impossible to escape. It figures prominently in many movies. The prison sits on an island just off San Francisco, surrounded by treacherous currents.❞
- ―In-game description.
Alcatraz Island is a World Location in Watch Dogs 2.
Alcatraz Island is located in the middle of the bay. It can only be reached by boat or by fast traveling there via a kiosk.
Alcatraz Island is an island holding a notorious abandoned prison. The outside of the island is very run down with untamed plants and broken buildings. A small tower can be also be found in the front. Many small roads and sidewalks are outlined on the island for visitors to pass through. A small recreational area holds a kiosk, a bathroom and other assortments. Unlike most locations, Marcus may freely access the inside of the prison, even the roof. Inside a tour guide is available, describing the horror of the incidents that had occurred there. The island is mildly active during the day and inactive during the night. Alcatraz provides a stunning view of San Francisco along with the rest of the Bay Area.
There are two restricted areas, both of which are controlled by the Bratva. One on the northern-most section of the island in the construction area, being patrolled by five Bratva soldiers and a guard dog, and the other is on the northeast side of the island, being patrolled by four Bratva soldiers.
- Drone race in the south yard, below the lighthouse.
- Yacht Race on the eastern shore of the island.
- Research Point; on top of the lighthouse towards the south of the island.
- 1 Key Data for Speed Boost, inside tunnel on the roof.
- 1 Clothing item in the northern-most restricted area; Castro Mask.
- 1 Clothing item in the northeast restricted area; Twin Peaks Mask.
- 2 One Money Bags inside of northern-most restricted area; one being inside the water tunnel, the other being behind the wood in the main building.
- 2 ScoutX locations; one being the tourist guide standing beside the lighthouse on the south side of the island, the other being the prison itself.
- One prison themed tourist kiosk, which features the following clothing items available for purchase by Marcus.
- The location and the prison is based on the real life Alcatraz Island.
- This location appears in the online mission (Un)Lawful (Dis)Order.
- The two Military Cap clothing items are named after Frank Morris and the Anglin Brothers, who infamously escaped Alcatraz in 1962.
- If Police are called while in Alcatraz, police officers will spawn around the island. Police boats may also spawn if the player or NPC is near the shore.